Israeli Orange Chicken (#2006)
Holidays Jewish Chicken Poultry
Share This Recipe
- 5 pounds Chicken roasting
- 2 Oranges whole
- 1 large Onions cut in large slices
- 1/2 cup Orange Juice fresh
- 2 tablespoons Ginger freshly grated
- 2 tablespoons Honey
- 1/2 cup Wine
- Rinse and dry chicken.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Insert one whole orange in the chicken.
- Place in roasting pan, breast side down.
- Surround with onion slices.
- Mix juice with the ginger, and pour over the chicken.
- Roast uncovered at 350° f for 1/2 hour.
- Remove chicken from the oven, turn over, and smear with honey.
- Suround the chicken with the secon orange, sliced, and return to the oven.
- After five minutes, baste with wine and pan juices.
- If browning too quickly, cover with foil.
- Baste again, after 1/2 hour. Continue cooking until drumsticks are removed easily, about 1 more hour.
- Remove the orange from the chicken, and slice it.
- Garnish with herbs, as per taste.