Belgium Waffles (#2004)
Share This Recipe
- 2 cups All-Purpose Flour sifted
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 3/4 tsp Salt
- 3 Egg Yolks beaten
- 1 3/4 cups Milk
- 1/3 cup Vegetable Oil
- 3 Egg Whites slightly beaten
- Measure dry ingredients into mixing bowl.
- Combine egg yolks and milk.
- Stir into dry ingredients.
- Stir in cooking oil.
- Carefully fold in egg whites.
- Do not overmix.
- For each waffle pour approximately 1/4 cup batter into the preheated grid.
- Close and bake about 4 minutes.
- Serve hot with butter and syrup, or as a base for various creamed dishes (vegetables, fish, or meat) or top with ice cream and a dessert sauce.
- Waffle variations: Pecan waffles.
- Stir into plain waffle batter before folding in the beaten egg whites, 3/4 cups chopped pecans or sprinkle a few chopped pecans over batter, before closing waffler.
- Cinnamon waffles.
- Sift 1 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon with the dry ingredients when preparing plain waffle batter.
- Apple waffles.
- Stir into plain waffle batter, before folding in the beaten egg whites, 2 cups peeled, diced apples.