Smoked Mozzarella, Spinach, and Pepper Omelet Sandwiches (#2003)
Sandwiches Lunch Low Fat Vegetarian
Share This Recipe
- 2 tablespoons Milk fat free
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper freshly ground
- 6 large Egg Whites
- 3 large Eggs
- 1 dash Red Hot Pepper Sauce
- 1 Nonstick Cooking Spray as needed
- 1 cup Sweet Red Bell Peppers finely diced
- 3/4 cup Onions prechopped
- 4 Sourdough English muffins, split
- 1/2 cup Smoked Mozzarella Cheese shredded
- 1 1/2 cups Baby Spinach leaves
- Preheat broiler.
- Combine first 6 ingredients in a large bowl, stirring with a whisk until combined; set aside.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Coat pan with cooking spray. Add bell pepper and onion; sauté 4 minutes or until tender.
- Reduce heat to medium.
- Pour egg mixture into pan; let egg mixture set slightly.
- Tilt pan; carefully lift edges of omelet with a spatula to allow uncooked portion to flow underneath cooked portion.
- Cook 3 minutes.
- Wrap handle of pan with foil; place pan under broiler.
- Broil 1 minute or until set and lightly browned.
- Arrange muffin halves in a single layer on a baking sheet.
- Sprinkle muffin halves evenly with cheese, and broil 1 minute or until cheese begins to brown.
- Divide omelet into 4 portions; place 1 portion on bottom half of each muffin.
- Top evenly with spinach leaves; top with remaining muffin halves.