Asparagus, Sausage and Pepper Pasta (#1996)
Pastas Pork Sausage Main Low Fat
Share This Recipe
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 1/2 cups Onions yellow, finely chopped
- 4 Garlic Cloves finely chopped
- 2 Green Bell Peppers diced
- 2 Sweet Yellow Bell Peppers diced
- 2 pounds Turkey Sausage links
- 1 cup White Wine
- 28 oz Canned Tomatoes italian plum
- 2 tsp Oregano dried, or 1 tablespoon fresh oregano
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper
- 1/4 tsp Red Pepper Flakes crushed
- 2 pounds Pasta, Rigatoni
- 1 pound Asparagus
- Heat olive oil in medium-size saucepan.
- Sauté onions and garlic until onions are transparent and garlic is slightly browned.
- Add red and yellow peppers and sauté for about 5 minutes, or until peppers begin to soften.
- Set aside.
- In a large, heavy - bottomed pot, brown sausages, one pound at a time, cooking each batch approximately 20 minutes.
- Remove from pot, drain on paper towel, and cut into 1 /4-inch slices.
- Remove all but 1 tablespoon of fat from pot and, over medium heat, stir in white wine, mixing well with scrapings from bottom of the pot.
- Add onion, garlic and pepper mixture.
- Stir in plum tomatoes, oregano, black pepper, crushed red-pepper flakes and sausage slices.
- Simmer uncovered for 25 minutes.
- Boil water for rigatoni and begin cooking it.
- In the last 8 minutes of the cooking time for the sauce, add asparagus and continue to simmer 8 minutes, or until asparagus is tender.
- Drain rigatoni and serve with sauce.