Mix and Match Casserole (#1988)
Casseroles Beef Chicken Seafood Tuna Main
Share This Recipe
Choose One Sauce Maker
- 1 can Cream Of Mushroom Soup undiluted
- 1 can Cream Of Celery Soup undiluted
- 1 can Cream Of Chicken Soup undiluted
- 1 can Soup, Cream Of Cheddar undiluted
- 2 cans Tomatoes diced, with basil, garlic, and oregano,, undrained
Choose One Vegetable
- 1 can Green Beans italian, cut, drained
- 1 can Green Peas sweet, drained
- 1 can Asparagus cuts and tips, drained
- 1 can Canned Corn Kernels whole, drained
- 1 can Spinach chopped
Choose One Pasta/ Rice
- 2 cups Elbow Macaroni uncooked
- 1 cup Rice regular, uncooked
- 4 cups Egg Noodles wide, uncooked
- 3 cups Pasta Shells small, uncooked
Choose One Meat/ Fish/Poultry
- 2 cans Tuna white, solid, in spring water, drained, and flaked
- 2 cups Chicken cooked, chopped
- 2 cups Ham cooked, chopped
- 2 cups Turkey cooked, chopped
- 1 pound Beef ground, browned and drained
Choose One Or More Extras Optional
- 1 can Mushrooms sliced, drained
- 1/4 cup Olives ripe, sliced
- 1/4 cup Sweet Red Bell Peppers chopped
- 1/4 cup Onions chopped
- 1/4 cup Celery chopped
- 2 Garlic Cloves minced
- 1 can Green Chili Peppers chopped
- 1 envelope Taco Seasoning Mix
Choose One Or Two Toppings
- 1/2 cup Mozzarella Cheese shredded
- 1/2 cup Parmesan Cheese grated
- 1/2 cup Swiss Cheese shredded
- 1/2 cup Bread Crumbs fine, dry
- 1 cup Crackers round, buttery, crushed
- 1 cup Herb Stuffing Mix
- Combine 1 (8-ounce) container sour cream, 1 cup milk, 1 cup water, 1 teaspoon salt, and 1 teaspoon pepper with sauce maker (omit sour cream and milk when using tomatoes).
- Stir in vegetable, pasta/rice, meat/fish/poultry, and, if desired, extras.
- Spoon into a lightly greased 13- x 9-inch baking dish.
- Bake, covered, at 350° f (180° c) f for 1 hour and 10 minutes.
- Uncover and sprinkle with toppings; bake 10 more minutes.
- Invent your own one-dish combinations, switching ingredients for variety.
- We stirred together the following mixtures and liked the easy preparation.
- Each casserole bakes 1 hour and 20 minutes, eliminating the need to precook the pasta or rice.
- But don't limit yourself to these taste-tested recipes -- experiment with different flavors and create family favorites.
- Chicken casserole: Cream of chicken soup, asparagus, rice, chicken, parmesan cheese, breadcrumbs ham casserole: Cream of celery soup, green beans, wide egg noodles, ham, garlic, 2 portions swiss cheese turkey casserole: 3 cans diced tomatoes, sweet peas.