Baked Asparagus and Mushroom Omelet (#1986)
Share This Recipe
- 1 cup Asparagus fresh, cut in 2" pieces
- 1 cup Mushrooms sliced fresh
- 1/4 cup Scallions, Spring Or Green Onions sliced
- 6 large Eggs
- 1/2 cup Milk
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/8 tsp Nutmeg
- 1 cup Swiss Cheese shredded, or gruyere cheese
- 2 tablespoons Parsley Leaves fresh, snipped, optional
- Preheat oven to 375° f (190° c) degree.
- Heat 1 tablespoon canola or olive oil in a medium skillet pan over medium heat.
- Cook fresh asparagus, mushrooms, and green onion about 7 minutes or until tender. Drain excess water.
- In a large mixing bowl combine eggs, milk, salt, nutmeg, and pepper.
- Beat with fork or rotary beater until blended.
- Stir in cooked vegetables and swiss or gruyere cheese.
- Turn egg mixture into a greased 10x6x2 baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered for 20 to 25 minutes or until set.
- Sprinkle with snipped parsley, if desired.
- Note: You can mix it up the night before, put in the pan and chill, and just pop it in the oven the next morning.