Alsatian Christmas Cookies (#1980)
Cookies Desserts Christmas French German
Share This Recipe
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1 1/3 cup All-Purpose Flour
- 1 cup Almonds ground, toasted
- 2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/3 tsp Salt
- 3/4 cup Butter softened
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 cup Candied Orange Peel minced
- 1 large Egg Whites beaten w/2 teaspoons water for glaze
- 1 Colored Icings, Prepared
- 1 Sugar for decorating
- Beat together butter, sugar and vanilla until light and fluffy.
- Stir in flour, almonds, cinnamon and salt, blend well. Stir in orange peel. Wrap dough in plastic and refrigerate 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 375 degree f. Roll out dough 1/4 inch thickness and cut shapes with christmas cookie cutters.
- If not using icing, decorate with colored sugar or gragees before baking.
- Bake 9 to 12 minutes or until golden brown.
- Decorate with icing, colored sugars, dragees, etc. Store airtight at room temp one week, freeze longer.