Quick Broccoli and Chicken Stir-Fry (#1977)
Stir Fries Chinese Main Low Fat Healthy
Share This Recipe
- 1 Chicken Breast Halves (Boneless Skinless) about 8 ounces, cut into bite -size pieces
- 2 tablespoons Tamari Soy Sauce divided
- 1 tsp Sesame Oil divided
- 1 1/2 tsp Cornstarch divided
- 2 cloves Garlic minced
- 1/2 inch Ginger peeled and minced, divided
- 2 tablespoons Shaoxing Wine or dry sherry, divided
- 1 Tbsp Brown Sugar cut into strips
- 1/2 Tbsp Oyster Sauce
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Vegetable Oil divided
- 1 Scallions, Spring Or Green Onions sliced
- 2 cups Broccoli Florets
- 1/2 Sweet Red Bell Peppers cut into strips
- 1 Carrots peeled and sliced into 1/8-inch slices
- 1 tsp Rice Vinegar
- 1 Red Pepper Flakes optional
- In a medium bowl, add the chicken pieces with 1/2 tablespoon soy sauce, 1/4 teaspoon sesame oil, 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch, a pinch of each minced garlic and ginger, and 1/2 tablespoons of shaoxing wine or sherry.
- Toss until the chicken pieces are evenly coated. Set aside while you are prepare other vegetables, about 15 minutes.
- Mix the remaining soy sauce, sesame oil, cornstarch, wine, sugar, oyster sauce, rice vinegar and red pepper flakes if needed in a small bowl, and mix well for later use.
- Heat 1/2 tablespoon vegetable oil in a large skillet or a wok over medium-heat until hot.
- Add the chicken, stirring occasionally, and cook for about 6 minutes, or until chicken pieces have been browned. Transfer onto a plate. Set aside.
- Add the remaining oil into the skillet or pan.
- Add the remaining garlic, ginger and scallions, stirring often, and cook for about 40 seconds to 1 minute.
- Stir in the broccoli, bell peppers, and carrots, and cook for about 4 minutes, or until the vegetables start to become tender but still crispy.
- Return the chicken to the pan, pour the sauce over, and toss until evenly coated and heated through, about 2 minutes.
- Adjust the seasoning as needed.
- Serve hot with rice or noodles.