Zanzibar Chicken (#1976)
Chicken Poultry Main
Share This Recipe
- 3 pounds Chicken thighs or drumsticks
- 2 tsp Cinnamon ground
- 1/2 tsp Cloves ground
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 Black Pepper freshly ground, to taste
- 2 tablespoons Vegetable Oil
- 1 Onions chopped
- 1 Garlic clove, crushed through a press
- 3/4 cups Orange Juice
- 3 tablespoons Seedless Raisins
- 1/3 cup Almonds slivered
- Season chicken with cinnamon, cloves, salt and pepper. In a large frying pan, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken, in batches if necessary, and cook, turning until browned, about 10 minutes. Remove and set aside.
- Add onion to pan. Cook until soft, about 3 minutes. Add garlic and cook 1 minute longer. Return chicken to pan. Add orange juice and raisins. Cover, reduce heat and simmer 15 minutes until chicken is tender. Garnish with almonds.