Colcannon (Traditional Irish Dish) (#1975)
Share This Recipe
- 7 large Potatoes
- 1 bunch Kale
- 1/4 cup Butter
- 1 Milk
- 4 strips Bacon cut up
- 1 Tbsp Onions minced
- 1 Salt And Black Pepper to taste
- Peel and boil 7 or 8 medium to large potatoes until done. Remove stalks from leaves of kale greens and tear or chop into very small pieces.
- Bring to a boil with a bit of bacon and simmer while potatoes cook.
- Mash the potatoes with 1/4 cup of butter and milk or cream as needed.
- Add salt and pepper.
- Drain the chopped, cooked kale.
- (you should have about twice as many potatoes as kale.)
- Mix the two together with 1 tb. Minced onion.
- Correct seasoning and serve with butter.