Penne Bolognese (#1972)
Pastas Italian Beef Main
Share This Recipe
- 2 tsp Olive Oil
- 1 Onions minced
- 1 Carrots minced
- 1 Celery Stalks minced
- 1/2 pound Beef lean, ground
- 1/2 cup White Wine dry
- 1/3 cup Tomato Paste
- 1 2/3 cup Milk
- 3/4 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
- 1/2 tsp Oregano
- 12 oz Penne Pasta
- 1/4 cup Parsley Leaves fresh, chopped
- 3 tablespoons Parmesan Cheese
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat the oil until hot but not smoking over medium heat.
- Add the onion and cook, stirring frequently, until softened about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the carrot, celery, and 1/3 cup of water and cook until the vegetables are tender and the liquid has evaporated about 5 minutes longer.
- Stir in the ground beef and cook until no longer pink about 4 minutes.
- Add the wine and cook until the liquid has evaporated about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the tomato paste, 2/3 cup of milk, the salt, pepper and oregano, reduce to a simmer and cook, stirring frequently, until the milk has been absorbed.
- Continue to cook until the sauce is thick and creamy, gradually adding the remaining 1 cup milk until all has been absorbed about 20 minutes longer.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta in a large pot of boiling water until just tender. Drain well.
- Transfer the sauce to a large bowl. Add the pasta, parsely, if desired and the parmesan and toss to combine. S
- Poon the penne bolognese into 4 serving bowls.
- Suggested accompaniments: Shredded belgian endive with cooked frown artichoke hearts tossed with a nonfat italian dressing.