Peach Coffee Cake (Low Fat) (#1965)
Share This Recipe
- 1/4 cup Rolled Oats uncooked
- 1 Tbsp Barley Flour or all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons Brown Sugar firmly packed
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 tablespoons Butter cut into small pieces
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Canola Oil or light olive oil
- 1/4 cup Pecans chopped
- 1 cup Whole Wheat Flour minus 2 tablespoons
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/3 tsp Salt
- 1 Tbsp Butter melted
- 1 Tbsp Canola Oil or light olive oil
- 1 Tbsp Applesauce
- 1/4 cup Brown Sugar
- 1 large Eggs
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 cup Light Sour Cream or low-fat plain yogurt
- 1 pound Peaches cut in 1 inch chunks
- 1 Powdered Sugar optional
- Preheat oven to 350° f (180° c).
- To make streusel:
- Grease 9 inch square cake pan very well with butter.
- Make streusel: Combine oats, flour, brown sugar and cinnamon in medium bowl.
- With pasty blender or 2 knives, cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Stir in oil and pecans until well combined.
- To make batter:
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in medium bowl.
- Whisk together butter, oil, applesauce, brown sugar and egg until well blended.
- Whisk in vanilla and sour cream until well combined.
- Spread batter in prepared pan.
- Sprinkle evenly with half the streusel.
- Spoon peaches on top, sprinkle with remaining streusel.
- Bake 50 to 60 minutes, until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan on wire rack 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar if desired.
- Serve warm, at room temperature or chilled.