Freezing Leftover Chipotle Peppers (#1964)
Share This Recipe
- 3.5 oz Chipotle Chili Peppers in adobo sauce, canned
- 1 Parchment Paper as needed
- Frequently, i come across recipes that call for one or two chipotle peppers in adobo sauce.
- Unfortunately the small cans they come in have a lot more than just two peppers.
- Here's an tip on how to save the rest of the chipotle peppers in adobo sauce.
- Place a sheet of parchment paper on a baking sheet.
- Spoon out one or two peppers into small piles on the parchment paper.
- Place the baking pan with the chipotle peppers in the freezer for an hour.
- Then you can lift up the frozen cubes of chipotles in their adobo sauce with no mess or fuss.
- Pop them into a zipper bag and store in the freezer for up to 6 months.
- The next time you need a single chipotle pepper just take one out of the zipper bag and allow the pepper thaw for 20 minutes or so and use as directed.