Roasted Chicken and Vegetables (#1962)
Share This Recipe
- 1 pound Red Skinned Potatoes small, unpeeled, each cut in half
- 2 large Carrots cut in 3 inch pieces
- 1 jumbo Onions cut into 8 wedges
- 12 Garlic Cloves unpeeled
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 tsp Salt
- 3/4 tsp Rosemary Leaves dried
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper coarsely ground
- 8 medium Chicken Thighs (Boneless & Skinless) without skin
- 1 medium Sweet Red Bell Peppers cut into 6 wedges
- 1 medium Green Bell Peppers cut in 6 wedges
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees f.
- In 15- 1/2 by 10- 1/2 inch roasting pan or 15 by 10 inch glass baking dish, toss potatoes, carrots, onion and garlic with olive oil, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed, and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper.
- Cover roasting pan; roast vegetables 20 minutes.
- Remove pan from oven; uncover, add chicken and pepper wedges; toss with 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed, and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper.
- Roast uncovered 25 minutes; stir vegetables and chicken to brown evenly.
- Roast 25 minutes longer or until vegetables are golden and juices run clear when chicken is pierced with a knife.
- Add 1/2 cup hot water, stirring to loosen brown from bottom of casserole.
- Spoon sauce over chicken and vegetables to serve.
- If you like, cut through skin of each garlic clove and spread the soft sweet tasting garlic over chicken and vegetables.