Brussels Sprouts and Salami Pasta with Pine Nuts (#1961)
Share This Recipe
- 6 oz Penne Pasta preferably whole wheat
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 small Yellow Onion peeled and finely chopped
- 6 oz Brussels Sprouts outer layer removed and thinly sliced
- 2 cloves Garlic peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 oz Salami thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons Pine Nuts lightly toasted
- 1/4 cup Parmesan Cheese to serve
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- Add the pasta and 1 teaspoon salt into the boiling water.
- Cook the pasta until desired doneness, 8 to 12 minutes depending on your own preferences.
- Drain the pasta well and return to the pot. Toss with a drizzle of olive oil. Set aside with the lid on.
- Meanwhile heat the olive oil in a medium nonstick skillet over medium high heat until hot.
- Add the onions, stirring often, and cook until the onions are soft and browned about 5 minutes.
- Add the brussels sprouts, and cook until softened, about 4 minutes.
- Stir in the garlic and salami, and cook for another 1 to 2 minutes until the garlic golden and the edges of salami just starts to become brown.
- Transfer the mixture into the pasta pot, and gently toss to combine.
- Divide between two serving plates.
- Top each with pine nuts and parmesan cheese.
- Server warm.