Beer Cheddar Onion Bread (#1958)
Share This Recipe
- 2 1/2 cups Whole Wheat Flour white whole wheat or regular whole wheat
- 1/2 cup All-Purpose Flour
- 1 Tbsp Baking Powder
- 3 tablespoons Brown Sugar
- 1 cup Cheddar Cheese old, grated
- 4 Scallions, Spring Or Green Onions chopped
- 1 1/2 cups Beer
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 large Eggs beaten, reserve 1 tablespoon for brushing bread
- 1 tsp Red Hot Pepper Sauce or as needed, optional
- 1 tsp Sesame Seeds
- Preheat the oven to 350° f (180° c). Well butter and flour a regular loaf pan, set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the whole wheat flour, all-purpose flour, baking powder, scallions and cheese until well combined.
- In a medium-size bowl, whisk together the beer, olive oil, egg, and red hot sauce if using until well blended.
- Pour the beer mixture into the flour mixture, and stir until just moistened and incorporated.
- The batter should be fairly thick.
- Pour batter into the prepared loaf pan.
- Brush the top of loaf with reserved egg and sprinkle with the sesame seeds.
- Bake in the oven for 70 to 80 minutes or until the loaf is well browned and a wooden skewer inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and cool on a wire rack in the pan for about 10 minutes.
- Remove the bread from the loaf pan, serve warm or at room temperature.
- Note: The leftover slices can be stored in an air-tight container or a sealable bag, kept in the fridge for up to1 week or in the freezer for up to 1 month.