Chinese: Stir-Fry Pork and Peppers (#1952)
Asian Chinese Chicken Pork Main
Share This Recipe
- 3 pinch Chinese Five Spice Powder
- 2 tablespoons Sherry dry or sake
- 2 tablespoons Light Soy Sauce
- 1 Garlic Cloves crushed
- 1 piece Ginger Root peeled, chopped
- 1 pound Pork Tenderloin cut into thin strips
- 2 Onions
- 1/4 cup Corn Oil
- 1 Sweet Red Bell Peppers seeded, cut into thin strips
- 1 Green Bell Peppers seeded, cut into thin strips
- 3 oz Button Mushrooms sliced
- 6 cans Water Chestnuts whole
- 2 tsp Cornstarch
- 2/3 cup Chicken Broth
- In a bowl, combine five spice powder, sherry, soy sauce, garlic and ginger.
- Add pork, stir well and let stand 30 minutes.
- Cut onions in eighths and separate in layers.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a skillet or wok.
- Drain pork, reserve marinade.
- Add pork to oil and stir-fry 5 minutes.
- Remove from skillet and keep warm.
- Add remaining oil to skillet.
- Add onions, bell peppers, mushrooms and water chestnuts.
- Stir-fry 3 minutes. Add vegetable mixture to pork.
- Blend cornstarch with reserved marinade and 2 tablespoons of stock.
- Add remaining stock to skillet and bring to a boil.
- Add cornstarch mixture and cook 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add pork and vegetables to stock and heat through, stirring constantly.
- Garnish with leek and green onion curls, if desired, and serve hot.