Veggie Taco Salad (#1947)
Salads Main Side Low Fat Vegetarian Healthy
Share This Recipe
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil or canola oil
- 1 large Onions chopped
- 1 1/2 cups Corn fresh
- 4 large Tomatoes ripe
- 1 1/2 cups Brown Rice cooked
- 15 oz Black Beans 1 can, rinsed, or you can use kidney or pinto beans
- 1 Tbsp Chili Powder
- 1 1/2 tsp Oregano dried
- 1/4 tsp Salt or to taste
- 1/2 cup Cilantro freshly chopped
- 1/2 cup Salsa prepared
- 2 cups Mixed Salad Greens or lettuce
- 3/4 cup Monterey Jack Cheese or pepper Jack cheese, shredded
- 2 1/3 cups Tortilla Chips coarsely crumbled
- 1 Limes wedges, for garnish, optional
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Add onion and corn; cook, stirring, until the onion begins to brown, about 5 minutes.
- Coarsely chop 1 tomato.
- Add it to the pan along with rice, beans, chili powder, 1 teaspoon oregano and 1/4 teaspoon salt.
- Cook, stirring frequently, until the tomato cooks down, about 5 minutes. Let cool slightly.
- Coarsely chop the remaining 3 tomatoes.
- Mix with cilantro, salsa and the remaining 1/2 teaspoon oregano in a medium bowl.
- Toss mixed greens in a large bowl with the bean mixture, half the fresh salsa and 1/2 cup cheese.
- Serve sprinkled with tortilla chips and the remaining cheese, passing lime wedges and the remaining fresh salsa at the table.