Soy Bean Salad with Brown Rice Noodles (#1945)
Salads Low Fat Healthy
Share This Recipe
- 16 oz Beans soy beans, 2 packages
- 6 oz Rice Vermicelli prefer brown rice noodles
- 6 sheets Seaweed 1 small package, about 1 cup, cut into strips
- 1 medium Carrots peeled and shredded
- 1 Sweet Red Bell Peppers thinly sliced
- 1/2 Red Onion thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup Cilantro tough stems removed and chopped
- 2/3 cup Peanuts roasted and chopped
- 5 tablespoons Rice Vinegar roasted
- 2 tablespoons Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 Tbsp Sesame Oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Maple Syrup or honey, sugar
- 2 tablespoons Light Soy Sauce or to taste
- 1 Salt And Black Pepper to taste
- Bring a pot of water to a boil, cook the soy bean according to the directions on the box.
- (i boiled soy beans for about 10 minutes, longer than the direction says.)
- Drain, run under cold water and take the beans out of the pots.
- Prepare the vermicelli noodles according to the direction on the package. Soak in the boiling water for 3 to 5 minutes or desired consistency.
- Drain, run under cold water and drain again.
- Toss the noodles with a teaspoon of olive oil to prevent from being sticky.
- Meanwhile make the dressing:
- In a small bowl, add all the dressing ingredients, whisk until well blended.
- In a large mixing bowl, add carrots, bell pepper, red onion, seaweed, cilantro and 1/2 cup of peanuts, toss until evenly distributed.
- When the soy bean and noodles are done, add both of them into the mixing bowl.
- Pour the dressing over, and gently toss with chopsticks or a spatula or your hand until everything is well combined.
- Place the salad onto a serving platter or divide onto individual serving plates.
- Serve and enjoy!
- The salad can be made 1 day ahead, and put it in the refrigerator until ready to serve.