Mediterranean Rapini Pasta (#1944)
Pastas Vegetarian Healthy
Share This Recipe
- 6 oz Pasta, Fusilli preferably whole wheat
- 1 bunch Rapini (Broccoli Rabe) rapini, tough ends chopped, and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 small Yellow Onion peeled and chopped
- 2 cups Mushrooms cremini or white button, sliced
- 2 cloves Garlic peeled and finely chopped
- 1/4 cup Sundried Tomatoes packed in olive oil
- 2 tablespoons Extra-Virgin Olive Oil from sun-dried tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons Kalamata Olives pitted and chopped
- 1/2 Tbsp Capers rinsed, and roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons Parsley Leaves fresh
- 1 Tbsp Lemon Juice or to taste
- 1/4 cup Feta Cheese crumbled
- 1/4 cup Walnuts toasted and chopped, optional
- 1 Salt And Black Pepper to taste
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- Add the pasta and cook until desired constancy, 10 to 12 minutes.
- Reserve the cooking water, and drain pasta in a colander.
- Pour the cooking water back to the pot, and blanch rapini for about 3 minutes or until tender and brightly green.
- Drain well and rinse under cold water and drain again.
- Rinse the pot and dry it, then return the pasta and rapini to the now-empty pot.
- Meanwhile heat the olive oil in a medium-size nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot.
- Add the onions, and cook until the onions are softened and browned, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the mushrooms, and cook for another 3 to 5 minutes or until the mushrooms start to brown, and have lost some of the moisture.
- Add the garlic, and cook for another 1 minutes.
- Season to taste with salt and black pepper.
- Remove from the heat, and transfer the mushroom mixture into the pot with pasta and rapini.
- Add the sun dried tomatoes with olive oil, olives, capers, parsley, lemon juice to taste and feta cheese.
- Gently toss to combined, and season to taste with salt and black pepper id desired.
- Divide between two serving plates, and top with toasted walnuts if desired.