Chinese Vegetable Stir-Fry (#1943)
Stir Fries Chinese Main Low Fat Vegetarian Healthy
Share This Recipe
- 1 Tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 3 cloves Garlic freshly minced
- 1/2 inch Ginger peeled and freshly minced
- 1 Scallions, Spring Or Green Onions sliced
- 4 Shiitake Mushrooms whole if small, sliced if big
- 1 cup Green Beans
- 1 Carrots peeled and cut into matchsticks
- 1/2 Sweet Red Bell Peppers cut into strips
- 1/2 cup Baby Corn canned, drained, or frozen
- 1/2 cup Sugar Snap Peas
- 2 cups Broccoli Florets cut into bite size pieces
- 1/2 cup Water Chestnuts canned, drained, and slice into thin slices
- 1 large Eggs scrambled, optional
- 1 Tbsp Tamari Soy Sauce or to taste
- 2 tablespoons Sherry Wine
- 1 tsp Rice Vinegar
- 1/2 Tbsp Mirin (Sweet Seasoning) or sugar
- 1 Tbsp Hoisin Sauce or to taste
- 1 tsp Sesame Oil
- 1 tsp Cornstarch
- 1/2 tsp Red Hot Pepper Sauce optional
- In a large nonstick skillet or a wok, heat oil over medium-high heat until hot.
- Add garlic, ginger and scallions into hot work or skillet, stirring constantly, and cook for about 1 minute.
- Add mushrooms, green beans, carrots and bell pepper, stirring often, and cook for about 3 minutes.
- Add baby corn, sugar snap peas, brocoli, and water chestnuts, and cook for another 2 minutes until all the veggies are tender but still remain a bit crunch.
- Meanwhile whisk together all sauce ingredients in a small bowl until well blended.
- Pour sauce over veggies, stirring frequently, and cook for 1 minute or until heated through and vegetables are evenly coated with sauce.
- Season to taste with more sauce ingredients if needed.
- Stir in scrambled egg if desired.
- Serve warm over rice.