Chocolate Cake (#1941)
Cakes Chocolate Desserts
Share This Recipe
- 9 large Eggs
- 1 Tbsp Rum dark
- 1/4 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 tsp Cream Of Tartar
- 8 tablespoons Sugar
- 12 oz Chocolate melted
- 6 tablespoons Butter melted
- 3 tablespoons Cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons Cocoa Powder
- 2 1/2 oz Macaroons italian
- Preheat oven to 375° f (190° c).
- Butter and flour 3 9-inch round cake pans.
- Beat yolks until they are pale yellow and form a ribbon when beaters are lifted, about 5 minutes.
- Beat in rum and vanilla.
- Beat whites with cream of tartar to soft peaks.
- Add sugar 1 tablespoon at a time and continue beating until stiff and shiny.
- Stir 12 ounces of semisweet chocolate and butter into yolks until well combined.
- Gently fold in 1/4 of egg whites to lighten the batter, then gently fold in the remaining whites.
- Sift together cornstarch and cocoa; combine with ground amaretti.
- Gently fold into the batter.
- Divide batter among prepared pans.
- Bake until centers of cakes rise and tops begin to crack, 18 to 20 minutes.
- Cool 10 minutes in pans, then cool completely on wire rack.