Black Bean and Quinoa Chili (#1939)
Chili Main Vegetarian
Share This Recipe
- 1 cup Quinoa rinsed and drained
- 2 cups Water
- 1 Tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 1 large Onions diced
- 1 Green Bell Peppers seeded an
- 1 cup Celery chopped
- 1 Jalapeño Pepper seeded
- 2 Tomatoes cored and diced
- 1 cup Carrots diced
- 32 oz Black Beans canned, drained
- 28 oz Tomatoes canned, crushed
- 1 Tbsp Chili Powder
- 1 Tbsp Parsley Leaves dried
- 1 Tbsp Oregano dried
- 2 tsp Cumin ground
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 4 Scallions, Spring Or Green Onions
- Combine quinoa and water in saucepan, cover and bring to a simmer over medium heat.
- Cook until liquid is absorbed, about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let stand about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a saucepan; add onion, bell pepper, celery and jalapeno.
- Sauté 7 minutes over medium heat.
- Stir in fresh tomatoes and carrots; cook for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Stir in beans, crushed tomatoes, and seasonings; cook about 25 minutes over low heat.
- Stir in quinoa at last 5 minutes of cooking.
- Ladle chili into bowls and top with green onions if desired.