Hungarian Mushroom Soup (#1935)
Share This Recipe
- 4 tablespoons Unsalted Butter
- 2 cups Onions chopped
- 1 small Carrots finely minced
- 1 pound Mushrooms fresh, thinly sliced
- 2 tsp Dill Weed, Dried
- 1 Tbsp Paprika or regular paprika
- 1 Tbsp Reduced Sodium Soy Sauce
- 2 cups Low Salt Chicken Broth
- 1 cup Milk any (I use 1% or 2% milk)
- 3 tablespoons All-Purpose Flour
- 1 tsp Kosher Salt or less, according to your taste
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper freshly ground
- 2 tsp Lemon Juice fresh
- 1/4 cup Parsley Leaves Italian flat-leaf, chopped
- 1/2 cup Sour Cream light or regular
- Melt the butter in a large pot over medium heat. Sauté the onions and carrot in the butter for 5 minutes. Add the mushrooms and sauté for 5 more minutes. Stir in the dill, paprika, soy sauce and broth. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer for 15 minutes.
- In a separate small bowl, whisk the milk and flour together. Pour this into the soup and stir well to blend. Cover and simmer for 15 more minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Uncover and stir in the salt, ground black pepper, lemon juice, parsley and sour cream. Mix together and allow to heat through over low heat, about 5 minutes. Do not boil. Serve immediately with rustic bread.