Italian Spinach Ricotta Quiche (#1934)
Desserts Pies Italian Main Vegetarian
Share This Recipe
- 1 Pie Shell (9 Inch) unbaked
- 1 Tbsp Butter
- 1 cup Onions minced
- 10 oz Spinach frozen, chopped, thawed
- 15 oz Ricotta Cheese
- 2 large Eggs
- 1 Red Hot Pepper Sauce or other brand, as needed, optional
- 1/2 tsp Salt or as needed
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper
- 1/2 tsp Nutmeg
- 1/4 cup Parmesan Cheese grated
- Heat oven to 400° f (200° c).
- Prick shell and bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven .
- In a frying pan, melt the butter.
- Add the onions and cook until soft.
- Squeeze the spinach to remove the moisture and add to the onions and stir.
- Remove from heat.
- Add remaining ingredients in a large bowl and mix well.
- Add spinach and onion mixture and mix well.
- Pour into baked shell.
- Bake at 350° f (180° c) f for 40 to 45 minutes or until top is golden brown.
- Let cool for 5 minutes, slice and serve warm.