Basic Fish Mousse (#1932)
Appetizers Fish Seafood
Share This Recipe
- 1/2 pound Whitefish fillets
- 1/2 pound Lobsters cooked
- 2 tablespoons Onions finely diced
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 2 tablespoons Brandy
- 1 Tbsp Tomato Paste
- 1/2 cup Egg Whites
- 3/4 cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- Preheat oven to 350° f (180° c).
- Combine whitefish, lobster, onion, salt, brandy and tomato paste in a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Add the egg whites and blend until incorporated.
- Transfer the mixture to a bowl, cover and chill for 30 minutes.
- Stir in the cream until incorporated. Divide the mousse between buttered ramekins.
- Place the ramekins in a water bath, cover and place in oven for 20 minutes.
- To serve, turn the contents of each ramekin out onto a warm plate, spoon some hollandaise-based sauce over each mousse and serve immediately.