New Potato, Fennel, Onion and Mushroom Pie with Mozzarella (#1927)
Desserts Pies Main
Share This Recipe
- 4 cups New Potatoes scrubbed, cut up
- 2 bulbs Fennel Bulb chopped
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 4 Onions chopped
- 2 cloves Garlic crushed
- 1 cup Mushrooms flat, sliced
- 1 Tbsp Bread Crumbs
- 2 tablespoons Parsley Leaves chopped
- 1 cup Mozzarella Cheese sliced
- 1/2 cup Cheddar Cheese vegetarian, shredded
- Cook the potatoes in salted boiling water for 10 to 15 minutes, drain, then push through a sieve.
- Preheat the oven to 350° f (180° c).
- Cook the roughly chopped fennel in salted boiling water for 7 minutes.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan, add the onions and fry for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Add the garlic and cook for a further 1 minute.
- Add the mushrooms and cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Season with salt and black pepper.
- Sprinkle half the breadcrumbs over the base of a shallow pie dish.
- Add half the mushrooms and onions, fennel, parsley, basil, mozzarella and cheddar cheeses and potatoes in layers.
- Repeat these layers, finishing with a layer of potatoes, and sprinkling over the remaining breadcrumbs.
- Bake for 20 minutes until golden and bubbling.
- Serve straight from the oven with a crisp green salad.