Cold Plum Soup (#1926)
Share This Recipe
- 1 can Plums
- 1 cup Water
- 2/3 cup Sugar
- 1 Cinnamon Sticks
- 1/4 tsp White Pepper
- 1 pinch Salt
- 1 cup Sour Cream
- 1/2 cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1/2 cup Red Wine dry
- 1 Tbsp Cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons Lemon Juice
- 1 tsp Lemon Zest grated
- 3 tablespoons Brandy
- Pit and chop plums, combine with syrup in a saucepan.
- Add water, sugar, cinnamon, salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat, simmer 5 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Mix wine and heavy cream with cornstarch, add to mixture and cook until thickened.
- Stir in lemon juice, rind and wine, remove from heat.
- Place 1/2 cup soup in small bowl, whisk in sour cream.
- Add brandy and stir mix back into the soup pan until smooth.
- Chill at least 4 hours.
- Serve in cups, garnish with dollops of sour cream and sprinkle with cinnamon.