Chocolate Chip Coffee Cookies (#1920)
Cookies Desserts Healthy
Share This Recipe
- 2 cups Whole Wheat Flour
- 1/2 cup Bran or oats
- 1 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 2 1/2 tablespoons Instant Coffee powder, or expresso powder
- 1/2 cup Olive Oil
- 1/3 cup Applesauce unsweetened, natural
- 3/4 cup Sugar
- 2 large Eggs
- 1 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 1/2 cups Chocolate Chips (Semi-Sweet) dark
- Preheat the oven to 350° f (180° c).
- Coat two large baking sheets with the cooking spray or large sheets of parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the whole wheat flour, oat bran, baking soda, and instand coffee powder until well mixed.
- In another medium bowl, whisk together the olive oil, apple sauce, sugar, eggs, and vanilla extract until well blended.
- Pour the liquid mixture into the dry mixture, and stir with a wooden spatula until just moistened,
- Fold in the chocolate chips until evenly combined.
- Place about 1 tablespoon of batter onto the baking sheet.
- Space the cookies apart on the prepared baking sheets and flatten the cookies slightly with your fingertips.
- Bake one baking sheet at a time for about 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and cool on baking pan on a wire rack for about 5 minutes.
- Transfer the cookies to the wire rack and let cool completely.
- Note: The cookies can be kept in an air-tight container at room temperature for a few days, or in the refrigerator for at least 1 week, or in the freezer for at least 1 month.