Cheesy Pesto Stuffed Mushrooms (#1919)
Share This Recipe
- 14 oz Mushrooms large for stuffing (approximately 16)
- 3/4 cups Basil fresh, leaves, packed
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Pine Nuts toasted
- 1 Tbsp Parmesan Cheese grated
- 1/2 tsp Garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons Chicken Broth or water
- 1/4 cup Ricotta Cheese 5%
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees f. Spray a baking sheet with vegetable pan spray. Wipe mushrooms clean and gently remove stems; reserve for another purpose. Put caps on baking sheet.
- Put basil, olive oil, pine nuts, parmesan and garlic in food processor; process until finely chopped, scraping down sides of bowl once. Add stock through the feed tube and process until smooth. Add ricotta and process until mixed.
- Divide mixture evenly among mushroom caps. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes or until hot.
- Nutritional information per serving (4 mushrooms): Calories: 68, fat: 5 g, carbohydrate: 4 g, fiber: 1 g, protein: 3 g, sodium: 62 mg, cholesterol: 4 mg diabetic exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat