Goat Cheese, Rosemary and Lemon Tart (#1917)
Appetizers Snacks Tarts Vegetarian
Share This Recipe
- 3 1/4 oz Goat (Chevre) Cheese
- 3 tablespoons Milk or buttermilk
- 1 sheet Puff Pastry 8 ounces. thawed
- 1 All-Purpose Flour for dusting
- 1 Lemon freshly grated lemon zest
- 3 1/4 tablespoons Rosemary Leaves
- 1 Black Pepper freshly ground to taste
- 1 large Eggs well beaten
- Position a rack in the center of the oven and preheat to 450°f.
- Crumble the thinly sliced goat cheese into a small bowl.
- Add the milk and mash with a fork until well mixed.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll the puff pastry into a 12x17-inch rectangle.
- Cut the pastry in half lengthwise with a pizza-cutter and then cut a 3/4 inch strip off all 4 edges of each piece of pastry.
- Transfer the two large pieces of pastry to a 13x18-inch rimmed baking sheet.
- Brush beaten egg on a 3/4 inch border around each large piece of pastry.
- Stack the trimmed strips of pastry onto the damp dough, creating a border all the way around.
- Evenly spread the cheese mixture inside the borders of each pastry.
- Then evenly arrange the zest of the lemon over the cheese.
- Scatter the rosemary leaves and grind a little pepper evenly over the top.
- Bake the tarts until puffed and deep golden brown on the top and golden on the bottom, about 16 minutes, rotating the pan half way through baking, watch carefully, do not burn.
- Let it cool for about 3 minutes on a wire rack and cut into bout 4 pieces.
- Serve warm.