Chocolate Chip-Date Cake (#1913)
Cakes Chocolate Desserts
Share This Recipe
- 1 cup Dates chopped
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 1/4 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 3 tablespoons All-Purpose Flour
- 1 1/2 cups Water boiling
- 3/4 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 cup Vegetable Shortening
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 2 large Eggs well beaten
- 6 oz Chocolate Chips
- 1/2 cup Nuts chopped
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- Pour boiling water over dates and baking soda; mix and let cool.
- In a mixing bowl, cream shortening and sugar; add beaten eggs and mix well.
- Add cooled date mixture and blend together.
- Sift flour, baking powder and salt together, and add to date mixture.
- Mix well. Pour into a greased and floured 9x13-inch pan.
- Over top of cake batter add evenly: Chocolate chips, sugar and nuts.
- Bake at 350° f (180° c) for 30 to 35 minutes.