Homemade Birthday Snack (#1909)
Share This Recipe
- 4 whole Eggs hard boiled
- 3 drops Food Coloring
- 25 grams Butter
- 2 cups Water (to mix with the pink food colouring)
- 50 grams Potatoes peeled and boiled
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp White Pepper
- 24 whole Crackers round
- 1 drop Food Coloring red
- 1 drop Food Coloring yellow
- 1 drop Food Coloring green
- 1 drop Food Coloring blue
- Peel the hard boiled eggs. Take a small, flat bottomed bowl. Put in 3 drops of pink food coloring and 2 cups water. Mix. Place the peeled hard boiled eggs into the bowl so that they are completely covered. Remove eggs when they have the shade you like. Then place them in the refrigerator for about an hour
- Next prepare the mashed potatoes: Peel and boil the potatoes, covered with water, until potatoes are fork tender. Drain the water. Squash the potato with a potato masher or mixer. Add butter, salt and white pepper . Mix well.
- Next slice the chilled eggs into thin slices using a sharp knife or egg slicer. Then spread a thin layer of mashed potatoes on 12 crackers. I used homemade crackers but you can use store bought.
- After that place a slice of egg on the cracker. Now spread a thin layer of mashed potatoes on the slice of egg. Then top with another cracker. Now divide the remaining mashed potato mixture into four portion. Add a drop of food coloring (a different color in each bowl) into each bowl and mix well.
- After that you can decorate the tops of the sandwiches with colored mashed potatoes. Put each colored mashed potato mixture into a piping bag and pipe it on top of the cracker, as i’ve done in the photo above.
- Enjoy. See my web sites www. Stellarecipe. Webs. Com www. Recipesrilanka. Blogspot. Com