Lemony Strawberry Yogurt Cake with Lemon Glaze (#1901)
Cakes Desserts Healthy
Share This Recipe
- 1/2 cup Applesauce natural and unsweetened
- 1/4 cup Olive Oil light, or regular, or canola oil
- 8 oz Greek Yogurt plain
- 3 large Eggs
- 2 tablespoons Lemon Juice fresh, divided
- 1 1/2 cups Sugar
- 1 Lemon zest
- 2 cups Whole Wheat Flour or white whole wheat, or whole wheat pastry
- 1/2 cup All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/4 cup Unsalted Butter cold, cut into small pieces
- 12 oz Strawberries freshly diced into small pieces
- 1/2 cup Powdered Sugar
- Preheat the oven to 325° f (160° c).
- Grease and flour a 10-inch bundt cake pan.
- In a medium bowl, add the applesauce, oil, yogurt, eggs, and 1 tablespoon of lemon juice.
- Whisk together the liquid ingredients until well mixed. Set aside.
- In another large mixing bowl, whisk together the flours, baking soda and salt.
- Stir in the lemon zest. Add the cold butter cubes into the flour mixture, rub the butter into the flour with your fingers until a course meal forms, or use a food processor.
- Pour the wet ingredients in, stir with a wooden spatula until just moistened.
- Gently fold in the strawberry pieces until evenly incorporated.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake for about 65 minutes, or until a wooden skewer inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and let it cool on a wire rack in the pan for 10 minutes.
- Turn the cake out onto the wire rack and allow to cool completely.
- Once the cake is cooled, whisk together the remaining 1 tablespoon of lemon juice and the powdered sugar until very smooth ad pourable.
- Adjust the consistency by adding more lemon juice or sugar if needed.
- Drizzle over the top of the cake, let sit for about 20 minutes or until the glaze has set.
- Cut into slices and serve.
- Note: The cake slices can be stored in an air-tight container for at least 1 week in the refrigerator or in the freezer for up to 1 month.