Ground Chicken Plantain Boats (#1898)
Share This Recipe
- 1 tsp Rosemary Leaves
- 1 tsp Oregano
- 1/3 cup Olive Oil
- 1/2 Lemon
- 1 pound Chicken ground
- 1 Salsa 1 jar, Green Mountain Gringo (Roasted Garlic)
- 1 Pasta Sauce 1 jar, Francesco Rindaldi No Sodium
- 1 tsp Garlic
- 1/2 Lemon
- Preparation for the ground chicken
- Put 1/2 cup of water in a non-stick pan.
- Add 1/3 cup of virgin olive oil.
- When the water starts to boil add the ground chicken.
- Add 1 teaspoon of garlic, oregano, and rosemary.
- Cook the ground chicken on medium heat.
- Crush the large round pieces of ground meat with a spatula, until it has smooth little pieces.
- Lower the heat underneath the pan
- Take the 1/2 half lemon. Squeeze it to get the juice and add it to the cooking meat.
- Cook the ground meat until a light golden brown. This should take about 15 minutes
- Keep the fire low and add 1 1/2 cup of green mountain gringo salsa.
- Add 1 cup of no sodium francesco rinaldi pasta sauce
- Preparation for the plantains
- Add 1/2 cup of canola oil to a non-stick frying pan. Warm the oil under medium heat.
- Cut and peel three plantains. Cut each plantain into three parts.
- Put the plantain pieces in the heated oil.
- Fry the plantains until slightly golden.
- Take each plantain piece out and crush them with a plantain flattener tool.
- Put the flat plantains in back into the frying pan to cook some more.
- Cook them until they are golden brown.
- Take the plantains out and place them on a few pieces of paper towel to remove the oil.
- Put the ground chicken on each plantain and serve warm. Bon appétit!