Garlic, Shrimp, and Vegetable Stir-Fry (#1897)
Stir Fries Chinese Seafood Low Fat
Share This Recipe
- 1 1/4 cups Rice long-grain white , uncooked
- 2 tablespoons Sherry dry
- 2 tablespoons Chicken Broth defatted
- 2 tablespoons Reduced Sodium Soy Sauce
- 2 tsp Sesame Oil
- 2 cloves Garlic peeled and minced
- 2 tablespoons Vegetable Oil hot
- 1/2 pound Snow Pea Pods stem ends removed
- 1 Red Sweet Red Bell Peppers seeded and cut into cubes
- 1/4 cup Scallions, Spring Or Green Onions thinly sliced
- 1 pound Shrimp uncooked, peeled and deveined, medium size
- 1/4 cup Water
- 2 tsp Cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons Hoisin Sauce
- 1/2 tsp Lemon Juice fresh
- Cook rice according to package directions.
- In large nonstick skillet, stir together sherry, broth, soy sauce, sesame oil, garlic, and hot oil.
- Add snow peas, red pepper, and onion and cook quickly over medium-high heat, stirring, 2 minutes.
- Add shrimp and simmer, stirring 2 to 3 minutes longer or until shrimp curls.
- In cup, stir together water and cornstarch.
- Add to pan and cook, stirring, 1 or 2 minutes or until sauce thickens.
- Stir in hoisin sauce and lemon juice.
- Serve shrimp and vegetables over rice.