"M & M’s"® Bird's Nest Cookies (#1888)
Cookies Desserts Snacks
Share This Recipe
- 3 1/2 oz Shredded Desiccated Coconut 1 1/3 cups
- 1 cup Butter
- 1/2 cups Sugar
- 1 large Eggs
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 cups All-Purpose Flour or half whole wheat flour, half white flour
- 3/4 tsp Salt
- 12 oz M&M's semi-sweet mini baking bits
- Preheat oven to 300° f (150° c).
- Spread coconut on un-greased cookie sheet.
- Toast in oven, stirring occasionally until coconut just begins to turn a light golden color, about 25 minutes.
- Remove toasted coconut from cookie sheet; set aside.
- Increase oven temperature to 350° f (180° c).
- In large mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in egg and vanilla.
- Combine flour and salt; add to creamed mixture, only until combined.
- Stir in 1 cup "m&m's"(r) semi-sweet chocolate mini baking bits.
- Form dough into 1 1/4 inch balls.
- Roll heavily in toasted coconut.
- Place 2-inches apart on lightly greased cookie sheets.
- With thumb, press indentation in center of each cookie.
- Bake 12 to 14 minutes or until coconut is golden brown.
- Remove cookies to wire rack; immediately fill indentations with reserved candies, using a scant teaspoonful in each.
- Cool completely.
- Note: If you want to make a healthier version, use 1/2 cup applesauce or canola oil to replace 1/2 cup butter, use half whole wheat flour to replace all-purpose flour. The cookies will be still delicious and a lot healthier.