Quinoa, Edamame and Roasted Corn Salad with Apples and Maple Walnuts (#1886)
Salads Main Side Healthy
Share This Recipe
- 1 1/2 cups Quinoa preferably red, or regular quina
- 1 Salt to taste
- 1 large Red Onion diced
- 2 cups Beans edamame, soy beans, cooked according to the package
- 2 cups Corn
- 2 large Celery Stalks thinly sliced
- 1 large Apples cripsy, such as fuji, cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 1 cup Walnuts coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons Maple Syrup
- 1/2 cup Roasted Sweet Red Bell Peppers sliced into strips
- 1/4 cup Black Olives seeded and sliced
- 4 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoons Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 Chipotle Chili Peppers in adobe sauce, finely chopped
- 1 Salt And Black Pepper freshly ground
- Preheat the oven to 350° f (180° c).
- In a bowl, rinse the quinoa with water, rubbing it between your fingers for about 10 seconds.
- Drain and transfer it to a 3-quart pot.
- Add 2 1/2 cups water and 1/4 teaspoon salt and bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Reduce the heat to medium low and simmer, covered, until the quinoa is tender but still delicately crunchy, 14 to 16 minutes.
- Drain the quinoa and return it to the pot.
- Cover and let the quinoa rest for 5 minutes, then fluff it with a fork. Allow to cool to room temperature.
- While the quinoa cooks, heat 1 tablespoon of the vegetable oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high eat.
- Stir in the corn, cook, stirring a few times, until well roasted and browned, about 8 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and allow cool to room temperature.
- Meanwhile mix together the maple syrup and walnuts until well combined.
- Place the walnuts on a baking sheet and toast in preheated oven for about 15 minutes, until golden brown and fragrant. Cool.
- In a large bowl, add the quinoa, onions, soy beans, roasted corn, celery, apple, toasted maple walnuts, roasted bell peppers, and black olives.
- In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, apple cider vinegar, chipotle chill, salt and black pepper to taste.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and toss to evenly coat.
- Divide among the serving plates and serve.
- It can be made 1 day ahead and let sit in the frige for overnight.