Drunken Kielbasa (#1883)
Pork Sausage Main
Share This Recipe
- 1 whole Polish Kielbasa Sausage sliced 1/2" thick
- 1 Yellow Onion halved and sliced 1/2"
- 18 oz Beer, Dark Use good German Beer
- 2 tablespoons All-Purpose Flour
- 2 tablespoons Sugar
- 1 tsp Paprika
- 1 Tbsp Butter
- 1 pound Egg Noodles Prepared
- In a medium saucepan, heat butter until melted and foaming subsides.
- Add kielbasa and onion, cook over medium flame until browned.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and add flour, stir well to incorporate.
- De-glaze with beer and mix well, add seasonings.
- Bring to a boil and reduce heat to low, simmer 20 minutes.
- Adjust seasonings to taste.
- Serve over hot egg noodles with more beer.
- Worcestershire sauce is welcome. Peppers from your garden add a great kick. Try adding nutmeg in the later winter months, and serve it with sweet potatoes.