Baked German Pancakes with Fresh Strawberries (#1881)
Share This Recipe
- 1/2 cup All-Purpose Flour
- 2 large Eggs
- 1/2 cup Milk low-fat or whole fat
- 2 tablespoons Butter
- 2 cups Strawberries sliced, or any other fresh berries
- 1 Powdered Sugar to serve
- 1 Maple Syrup to serve
- 2 Lemon wedges, to serve, optional
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
- Whisk together the flour, eggs and milk until frothy and very smooth, 3 to 5 minutes. Or use a blended to mix 2 to 3 minutes.
- Melt the butter in a nonstick spray a 9 inch; or 10 inch ovenproof skillet (round cake pan works well.)
- Pour the batter into the pan.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes until the pancake form a well in the center and sides puff up.
- Remove from the oven and place the strawberries into center of the pancake.
- Loosen pancake from pan with wide spatula and cut into wedges with sharp knife.
- Dust with the powdered sugar, and drizzle with the maple syrup.
- Serve warm with lemon wedges if needed.