Baccala Alla Bolognese (#1880)
Italian Fish Main
Share This Recipe
- 1 3/4 pounds Fish, Cod dried
- 1 All-Purpose Flour for dredging
- 4 tablespoons Butter
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 Garlic Cloves minced
- 3 tablespoons Parsley Leaves fresh, minced
- 1 Salt And Black Pepper to taste
- 1 Lemon juiced
- Put the cod in a deep dish, add cold water to cover, and let it soak for 2 days in the refrigerator in order for it to "plump" up and change the water several times. Rinse and dry the fish and cut it into 2-inch chunks.
- Dredge the fish in the flour, shaking off the excess. In a large skillet, heat 2 tbl of the butter and the olive oil. Add the fish pieces and brown them well on all sides over medium-high heat. Sprinkle the fish with the minced garlic and parsley and stir the mixture gently. Cut the remaining 2 tbl butter into bits and add it to the pan.
- Sprinkle the fish with salt and pepper and pour over the lemon juice. Serve immediately.