Bulk Italian Sausage (#1878)
Italian Pork Sausage Main
Share This Recipe
- 2 1/2 pounds Pork Shoulder butt portion, trimmed and cut into large chunks
- 1/2 Tbsp Kosher Salt
- 1 Tbsp Star Anise dried
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper freshly ground
- 1/8 tsp Cayenne Pepper
- 1/2 tsp Oregano dried
- 1/2 tsp Thyme dried
- 2 tablespoons Water
- 1/2 pound Pork Fat cut into large chunks
- 4 cloves Garlic peeled
- Put the pork into a large bowl.
- Add the salt, anise, peppers, oregano, thyme, and the water.
- Mix well to coat the meat.
- Work the seasoned pork, pork fat, and garlic through a meat grinder, using the disc with the largest holes and alternating ingredients as you grind.
- The italian sausage may be stored for up to 5 days in the refrigerator or 6 months in the freezer.