Christmas Herbed Pinwheel Biscuits (#1876)
Christmas Holidays Side Low Fat
Share This Recipe
For The Herb Filling
- 1/3 cup Parsley Leaves freshly chopped
- 1/3 cup Scallions, Spring Or Green Onions freshly chopped
- 1 Tbsp Rosemary Leaves or thyme, sage, basil, any your favorite herb, freshly chopped
- 2 tsp Lemon Zest freshly grated
- 2 tsp Garlic minced, about 2 cloves, or to taste
- 1/4 tsp Salt
For The Biscuit Dough
- 1 1/3 cup Whole Wheat Pastry Flour
- 2/3 cup All-Purpose Flour
- 1 Tbsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 4 tablespoons Cream Cheese (Reduced-Fat) cut into small pieces
- 3 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 3/4 cup Buttermilk or no-fat
- Preheat oven to 400° f (200° c).
- Coat an 8*8 inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- For the herb filling:
- Mix all ingredients, and use a fork to toss well.
- For the biscuit dough:
- Combine whole wheat pastry flour, all-purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a large bowl (if you can sift them, it will be even better.)
- Put in cream cheese, and use your fingertips to mix well, will be a little crumby.
- Then stir in 2 tablespoons of olive oil and buttermilk.
- Combine mixture until dough forms together.
- Take dough out onto onto a lightly floured surface, and knead the dough about 2 or 3 minutes, until not too sticky.
- Then roll dough into 15*10 inches rectangle.
- Brush it with some of left 1 tablespoon oil, leaving 1/2-inch dry edge of all sides.
- Spread prepared herb mixture evenly over oiled space, and press mixture into dough.
- Roll up dough lengthwise.
- Pinch edges at ends together.
- Then cut into 12 rounds, around 1 1/4 inches thick.
- Set rounds cut side up on a greesed baking sheet or you can coat with cookingn sray.
- Use the remaining oil to brush each top.
- Bake 25 to 27 minutes, or until edge and top are golden brown.
- Let them cool slightly, serve warm.