Passover Chocolate Mandarin Torte (#1873)
Chocolate Desserts Passover Jewish
Share This Recipe
- 3/4 pound Margarine unsalted
- 3/4 cup Sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 3/4 cup Orange Juice
- 2 tablespoons Liqueur triple sec, grand marnier, cointreau or other orange flavor
- 1/4 cup Coffee brewed, strong
- 12 oz Chocolate (Semi-Sweet) coarsely chopped
- 6 large Eggs
- In heavy saucepan over low heat or in a double boiler, melt margarine and sugar with vanilla, orange juic, orange liqueur and coffee.
- Stir to blend.
- Remove from heat and add chocolate, stirring to melt.
- Cool well and whisk in eggs until thoroughly incorporated.
- Pour into 9-inch spring-form pan lined with parchment paper.
- Bake 35 to 45 minutes at 350° f (180° c) f until top has a sight crust and seems set.
- Refrigerate several hours.
- Serve cold with strawberry purée or dust top with cocoa and garnish center with strawberries.