Warm Beet and Baby Spinach Salad (#1868)
Salads Vegetarian Healthy
Share This Recipe
- 8 cups Baby Spinach
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 cup Red Onion thinly sliced
- 2 Italian Plum (Roma) Tomatoes chopped
- 2 tablespoons Kalamata Olives sliced
- 2 tablespoons Italian Parsley fresh, chopped
- 1 clove Garlic minced
- 2 cups Beets cooked (steamed), wedges or slices 1/2 inch thick
- 2 Tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
- 1/4 tsp Sea Salt
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper freshly ground
- Wash (if needed) baby spinach and put into a large bowl.
- In a non-stick skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Once hot add the onions, stirring to soften for about 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, garlic, olives and parsley. Cook until the tomatoes start breaking down, about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the beets, balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper. Cook stirring until the beets are heated through for about one minute.
- Toss the beet mixture with the spinach to combine well. Serve warm.
- 125 calories, 5 grams fat per serving