Mixed Green Salad with Apple and Smoked Cheddar (#1867)
Salads Side Low Fat Healthy
Share This Recipe
- 2 tablespoons Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Tbsp Red Wine Vinegar
- 1 pinch Sugar
- 1/2 Tbsp Dijon Mustard
- 1 Salt And Black Pepper to taste
- 1 clove Garlic freshly minced, small clove
- 1 Apples fuji or gala, thinly sliced
- 2 Celery thinly sliced
- 1 cup Beans soy beans (edamame), or chick peas, cooked
- 4 Radishes halved and thinly sliced
- 6 cups Mixed Salad Greens well washed and dry
- 1/2 cup Walnuts coarsley chopped, toasted, and tossed with 1/2 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1/2 cup Cheddar Cheese smoked or extra sharp, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- In a small bowl, add all the dressing ingredients together, and whisk until well mixed. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, add the apple, celery, soy beans (edamame) or chick peas, and radishes.
- Pour 2/3 of the dressing over, and toss until well coated.
- In a large mixing bowl, gently toss the mixed greens with the remaining vinaigrette until evenly coated.
- Divide the greens among two serving plates.
- Place equal amount of apple-celery-edamame mixture on top of the greens.
- Sprinkle with cheddar and walnuts.