Vanilla Bean Tapioca Pudding (#1866)
Share This Recipe
- 1/2 cup Tapioca large ball
- 2 cups Water cold
- 2 1/2 cups Milk
- 1 Vanilla Bean cut lengthwise and scape the beans out of the pods
- 1 large Egg Yolks
- 1 Tbsp Unsalted Butter
- 1/3 cup Sugar
- 1 pinch Salt
- Put the tapioca and water in a medium mixing, cover with a piece of plastic wrap, and refrigerate for overnight.
- Drain the tapioca in a colander.
- Add the tapioca, milk, vanilla beans with the pods and salt into a large sauce pan.
- Bring to a boil, and reduce heat to very very low.
- Cook for two hours, stirring occasionally.
- Add the egg yolk, butter and sugar into a small bowl, and whisk until smooth.
- Slowly stir in about 1 cup of tapioca into the egg mixture.
- Return this into the remaining tapioca in the saucepan.
- Cook for another 15 minutes, stirring once or twice.
- Transfer the pudding to 4 individual ramekin dessert dishes or a big serving bowl.
- Cover with plastic wrap.
- Let cool in a ice bath for about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Keep the pudding refrigerated until chilled, at least 3 hours or overnight.