Easy Sweet and Sour Veggie Salad (#1862)
Salads Side Low Fat Vegetarian Healthy
Share This Recipe
- 1 English Cucumber slice into half-moon slices
- 1 Sweet Red Bell Peppers slice into 1/4-inch strips
- 1 Carrots peeled and slice into matchsticks
- 1 Tofu smoked, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 Wood Ears boil for 5 minutes, cut into strips
- 1/2 Tbsp Hot Chili Peppers Korean, or 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes, or to taste
- 2 tablespoons Rice Vinegar or to taste
- 1 Tbsp Maple Syrup or to taste
- 1 tsp Sesame Oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tsp Sesame Seeds toasted
- 1 Tbsp Tamari Soy Sauce or to taste
- Make the dressing first, add all the dressing ingredients in a small bow, and mix until well blended. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, add cucumber, sweet red bell pepper, carrots, smoked tofu, and wood ears if using.
- Pour dressing over vegetables, and gently toss until well coated and evenly distributed.
- Note: If you don't eat salad right away, wrap it up, and keep it in the frige. Toss it again before serving.
- Smoked tofu and wood ears are available in most of the asian or chinese grocery stores.