Apple Butter (#1860)
Share This Recipe
- 3 quarts Applesauce unsweetened
- 2 pounds Sugar
- 1 pound Brown Sugar
- 3/4 cup Apple Cider
- 1/2 tsp Nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp Allspice
- 3/4 tsp Cloves
- 3 tsp Cinnamon
- The thicker skinned, late summer and fall apples produce a grainier texture that's best for applesauce.
- Stir applesauce, sugars, and cider together and cook in a slow oven (325° f (160° c)) for 3 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Add spices.
- Return to oven and cook 1 hour more.
- Apple butter requires long, slow cooking.
- (can also be made in a crockpot)