Homemade Party Snack (#1856)
Snacks Parties Salmon Seafood
Share This Recipe
For The Dough
- 100 grams All-Purpose Flour
- 1/4 tsp Salt or to taste
- 25 grams Butter chilled
- 1/2 large Egg Yolks beaten
- 50 ml Water cooled
For The Filling
- 1/2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1/2 tsp Garlic chopped
- 1 Tbsp Red Onion chopped
- 150 grams Smoked Salmon or prepared, crumbled
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper or to taste
- 1/2 large Eggs beaten, for egg wash
- First, make the dough: Sift the flour into a large bowl. Add salt. Mix.
- Rub the butter into the flour with your fingertips until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
- Next add approximately 1/2 of an egg yolk and the water. Mix well using your hands. Try to work quickly.
- Wrap the dough in plastic wrap and chill for 10 -15 minutes
- Make the filling: In a pan heat 1/2 table spoon olive oil over medium high heat, add garlic and mix until slightly softened.
- Next add onion and salmon. Mix and sauté until onion is softened and everything is heated through.
- Add pepper and salt. Mix well.
- Now take the dough and roll out into a large square that is about 1/8 inch thick, using a rolling pin.
- Cut it into 6 rectangles ( 4 x 3 1/2 inch) using a pastry cutter.
- Now place one teaspoon of filling mixture in the center of each rectangle.
- Now fold the rectangle in half lengthwise.
- Don’t press down corners yet. Next, hold the rectangle lengthwise and bring the upper left and lower left corners together so that you’ve got a curved shape – kind of like a nurse’s cap (see photo).
- After that place snacks on greased baking tray, press down all of the dough edges and take the remaining 1/2 beaten egg and brush over snack.
- Bake at 200 cup for 20 minutes or until golden brown.